VISION Distressed communities have the capacity to build stable housing, create employment, and further the economic and social development of their neighbourhoods.
MISSION The mission of the CDC is to promote the renewal of distressed neighbourhoods through a Community Economic Development approach. Edmonton’s CDC will help families increase financial security, enables inclusive economic development and fosters thriving communities.
- Use a community economic development approach to combat poverty at the local level.
- Deliver products aligned with community needs and priorities.
- Create benefits that accrue to all members of the communities it serves.
- Concentrate resources within a defined geographic area to achieve maximum impact.
- Be nimble, entrepreneurial and solution-oriented.
- Integrate and leverage multiple poverty reduction strategies.
- Activate new partnerships and forms of collaboration as it works to reduce poverty