THE CORE BUSINESS OF A CDC
The ECDC’s Scope of Service may include a wide range of approaches depending on what is most appropriate or possible – given the needs, desires, available partners and resources for any given neighbourhood.
These tools may include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial and residential real estate development;
- Workforce training and development;
- Business development, including
- Business retention and attraction,
- Market research and support to help existing businesses grow, and
- Creation of new social enterprises and community-owned businesses;
- Neighbourhood beautification.
The ECDC is also interested in collaborating with neighbourhoods and others to address aspirations and challenges related to food security, basic service development (like child care), and other ventures that enrich and support the lives of neighbourhood residents.